Monday, November 26, 2012

A Little Bit of Everything

(AKA: Randomness)
I did it. I broke down and created a blog. I have this deja-vu feeling, like I've done this before. Which, I have. Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt. I started created a post, then I saved it, and never thought twice about it. Hopefully this one will make it farther than just my saved drafts.

I may or may not put book reviews in this blog. I love reading, which was the original reason I made this blog: to review books. Now, I don't know. This is kind of a good way to pull a few of my thoughts together and make them seem more cohesive.

I didn't like high school. I mean, I did, but I didn't. As a freshman, I hung out with juniors and seniors. I always got asked, "Are you a junior or a senior?" and I always responded in my meekly terrified little voice (at the time) "I'm a freshman." "Really?" "Yeah..."
I admit, I was a wallflower. I much preferred being in a big group and quietly listening to everyone else. I didn't stand out, and I was relatively fine with being average. Since I didn't hang out with freshman, I didn't care what they knew about me--or, as the case was, what they thought they knew about me. I just never really clicked with my fellow classmates (and if anyone of you is reading this, although improbable, please don't be offended).
I ended up making a few friends throughout my junior year, when all my friends had graduated. I started hanging out with my best friend in the world my junior year. I had known her forever, and then we just sort of ended up hanging out. For me, high school wasn't great, but it wasn't the worst thing in the world. I had fun at times, but I'd never go back. College, on the other hand, has already been way better than my combined 4 years of high school--and I still have a ways to go. Life goes on, and we just have to keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment